I’m still working on finding better ways to photograph these. I quite like tonight’s attempt. This was a second go around on our first drawing-related homework assignment. This time I had better luck. Last time I used a gouache that had acrylic in it. I don’t know if that’s standard but it was thick and hard to spread. This one did not, and I checked in with my teacher and I was able to dilute it a little with water, which really helped. (See the notes in drawing). I also tried the watercolor washes before the lettering, as some of the waterproof pens aren’t quite as waterproof as advertised. I wanted to avoid smearing. I also like the little chop mark I put in. It felt right. I hand drew the characters for peace. I Googled it. I don’t speak Chinese. I hope I got it right. So much fun!